resume writing banner

Friday, September 25, 2009

Internet Explorer 8.0, Annoying Features

A few weeks ago, one of my systems conducted an Explorer version update as part of its Automatic Microsoft Updates. Usually, I don’t spend too much time concerning myself with these updates, but after several reboots it did “upgrade” the Internet Explorer version to 8.0.

So why am I making a blog entry about this; well IE 8.0 is another further attempt by Microsoft trying to catch up to other innovations by adding in their own crap. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll go on record by saying I actually like Microsoft products. The HUGE difference between IE 7.0 and IE 8.0 is the really annoying placement of some new features. I’m accustom to using the drop down arrow in the address bar to pull up past pages, but here where some coder really stuck their nose into a place it doesn’t belong. In IE version 8.0, when you use the drop down arrow in the address bar, all the addresses have now a delete option right justified on each line; which is EXACTLY where your cursor is when you use the drop down arrow! WTF. I have mistakenly deleted address after address with this “new feature”. Uggg… I guess some intern had to make another crappy button to add another bullet to their resume. :o|

Brian
www.freeclassnotesonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment